TIC ringrotor control box smoke

Keith Morehouse - W9RM blckhole@ripco.com
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 13:43:58 -0600

Tony Brock-Fisher wrote:

> These things really are a time bomb, and several house fires
> have been attributed to them...

Yep.

I have ZNR's on ALL my control lines BUT they are all OUTSIDE the house
and INSIDE metal boxes.  After seeing the effects of these little
critters self destruction several times, I wouldn't want one near
anything flammable !!

The one in question inside the TIC controller actually gave off enough
fire and heat to seriously char the circuit board, over an inch away.

Yikes !

PROBE ELECTRONICS 100 Higgins Road, Park Ridge IL 60068 USA
Keith J. Morehouse /  W9RM  / Society of Midwest Contesters
847-696-2828  FAX: 847-698-2045  e-mail: blckhole@ripco.com