Corrosion Inhibitor Noalox at Home Depot

Rod Fitz-Randolph w5hvv@aeneas.net
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 23:19:00 -0600

>But where (besides Mosley) can you get Penetrox?????

My original purchase was through N4AA (Carl E. Smith) in Asheville,
North Carolina.  Subsequent to that I found that Stuart C. Irby,
an electrical supply house had it available here in Jackson, TN.
The bottles of Penetrox-A (it can also be had in Penetrox-C [for
copper]) provide a full 8 fl. oz. (a lifetime supply unless you
make antennas for a living).  I would suggest any Electrical Supply
House or Telephone and Power Company Supply House is a likely
candidate for Penetrox-A.

The front of the plastic bottle says, "ELECTRICAL JOINT COMPOUND.
- for all bare Al/Al & Al/Cu conections
- for use as anti-seizing thread lubricant
- for the prevention of oxide build-up"

Again, it is a thick petroleum base medium in which there is a high
quantity of zinc particles and chips.  It is superb for placing
between telescoping elements and between grounding clamps and the
legs of towers.  I strongly recommend Penetrox-A.  I have no
affiliation whatever with Burndy (the producer of Penetrox-A).  I
am simply a ham that has discovered that it really works well.

Apparently, Burndy is located in Manchester, N.H. 03103.
There is a set of numbers on the front of the 8 oz plastic bottle:
   DC178-1810-59255

Dunno what that is in reference to... Mil Spec?

I apologize for the slip-up on the statement that it was superb for
AC/DX/RF connections... That should have read AC/DC/RF connections.

73 es best DX

Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph, W5HVV
79 Highland Hills Cove,
Jackson, TN 38305
(901) 661-9278 (Home Phone - after 10 AM & before 9 PM)
(901) 664-7539 (FAX Number - any time of day)