MA40 Part V (Say What!)

SumRacer@aol.com SumRacer@aol.com
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 17:48:20 -0500

Joe -

I have had similar conversations in my home town. They usually take place
because the Big Guy (Politico) is not paying attention or is on vacation. The
little guy is going by the book and has neglected to bring this matter before
him for approval. Obviously, it was considered a hot potato or it wouldn't
have taken so many tries to get someone to talk with you. The low guy on the
pole (possibly the New Guy) took the ball.

I hope you got his name. Not because it will carry any weight but because it
will save you time when Starting Over II is aborning.

The only thing to do is to follow it thru; but don't hold your breath until
you get the approval. One question you should have asked him: On what did he
base his opinion that Amateur radio towers were exempt? Is there something in
the zoning resolutions that say this or did he just not find any mention of
the Amaeur Radio and he assumed that you were exempt? Have you read the
Zoning Regs? Is there something that exempts Amateur Radio? If you didn't see
it, how did he see it? Have you read the Zoning Regs?

Good Luck. It's not over 'til it's over.

Paul
NO8D