Cable Clips

Steve Vinson kd4wiw@ipass.net
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 14:32:58 -0800

Fred Hopengarten wrote:

> I have some cable clips (u-bolt  and saddle) on which the galvanizing is
> apparently a little thin.  After only four years, they have begun to
> rust.  I just bought a box of 100  5/16" SS nuts, but is there anything I
> can do about the u-bolts?  Any rust remover goop, followed by sealant
> that you'd recommend?  Or what? -- Fred K1VR
>
> --
> Problems:                 K7LXC@contesting.com
Fred not sure what is available in your area but call one or all of the
boat shops local to you and find the nearest boat trailer manufactor.
They tipically hot dip the trailers after construction.  You may be able
to talk one of them into dipping your prepared bolts.  I'm going to try
the same here in North Carolina.  Don't know the cost but it has to be
less than new bolts.  I've got a lot to do on my tower over time (140'
self supported tower so let me know if it works ok and cost ... I will
try to do same and we can compare $$$ and find the lowest and most
willing service and let everyone else know.   Goog luck!!!  73

Steve KD4WIW