Snach Blocks

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 01:27:06 -0400

<< Is there a source for 'Snach Block' at Lowe's, Home Depot, or one of the
 'neighborhood' hardware dealers?   I am looking for the sort that would
 be used with 1/2 or 5/8" braided line and, yes, used for tower / antenna
 work.  This pulley would be capable of opening ( either a side plate, or
 removing the revolving wheel ) so that the line can be put into the block
 without threading it through the entire length?

       You can really use just about any pulley for a snatch block.  I use a
generic (about $35.00 at my local rigging shop) steel pulley and just attach
it to the tower with a carabiner.  Viola - a snatch block.  It's job is to
change the vertical haul rope to a horizontal pull.  Yes, the top should open
up so you can put it anywhere on the rope.

73,  Steve  K7LXC