Insulating the terminal strip on a T2X

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 20:23:40 -0400

>Got my rotators back from CATS, the Rotator Doctor, this morning. Nice job.
>But, before I put anything back up on the tower, I'd like to know if anyone
>has a way or knows of a substance to put over the terminal strip on the
>rotator to cut down on corrosion. I'm reminded of the recent thread on
>spray-on insulation, but perhaps there's something even better.

Hi, Joe --

     Whilst in California, I found a bottle of Liquid Electrical Tape by Star
brite Co.  I'm pretty sure that this is the stuff that was posted a couple of
weeks ago.  The illustration on the card shows a terminal strip with this
material on it.  It also says

*totally waterproofs connections
*UV resistant (not a problem on the bottom of a rotator)
*can be applied to irregular shaped and hard to reach connections
*will not peel or unravel

   Ordinarily I advise to NOT put anything on the terminal strip since I've
seen many disasters made out of RTV, CoaxSeal, etc.  This Liquid Electrical
Tape may be useful and worth the hassle when you have to take the wires off
sometime in the future. I don't have any experience, let alone longterm
experience, with this stuff so I'm recommending it with a big CAUTION.  Let
us know how it does.  Anyone out there have successful longterm rotator
terminal strip" experience with this material?

73,  Steve  K7LXC