[TowerTalk] 70-ft Debris Radius?

Roger L. Elowitz K2JAS@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 22:50:37 -0500

Hi Guys,

Perhaps I'm missing something here.  By the quantity of recent posts on the
subject of "did it / didn't it fall in a 70 or 700-ft radius"....I remain
puzzled as to why these numbers are so all important.  Did anyone go out to
the site with a tape measure?  Who would want to collect that information?
What useful purpose does it serve anyone to know?

Please answer on the reflector so that others who are in a like quandry as
myself can profit from this shared knowledge.

And why has no posts appeared about the identity of the victims and
addresses where caring people can send cards? Sorry, but I don't know the
protocol in situations like this.

My sincere condolences to the family of the gentleman who lost his life in
this tragic accident.

TIA

Roger, K2JAS