FW: [TowerTalk] Create Rotators RC5-3B

Dick Weber dickrts@texoma.net
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 07:16:34 -0600

	Hello Dennis,

	Here's a way to slove your problem provided your mast clamps will open up to about 2 1/2 inches. Go to a local farm supply store or industrial supply house and get two pieces of rubber belting. They will be placed bewteen each clamp half and the mast. Or stated differently, the rubber belting pads go between the clamp halves and the mast.

	The rubber provides more friction. The coefiicient of friction of steel-on-steel or steel-on-Aluminum is much lower then metal-on-rubber. With the rubber belting in between the mast and clamp halves the friction connection is highly enhanced.

	For gosh sakes, don't drill and pin the clamps to the mast!

73,

Dick, K5IU
dickrts@texoma.net