[TowerTalk] Bolt torques

HARPER, DAVID HARPERD@TX.SLR.com
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 07:38:37 -0500

We have had some difficulty with the systems here at work and
they say that some mail might not be getting through, so my
apologies if someone else has already provided this info:

The Rohn catalog I just received from Steve has a page titled
"ROHN Information", dated Nov.1, 1994.  Under a heading of
"Bolts:" are the following lines:  "Be sure to tighten all leg bolts
until they partially flatten the sleeves, causing the sleeves to
actually grip the legs inside. Always replace stripped bolts.
Upon completing an installation, there should be no vertical
movement between tower sections at the joints when the tower
is deliberately swayed from side to side."

(some stuff deleted)