[TowerTalk] Summary: Johnson KW Matchbox

Del Seay seay@Alaska.NET
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 11:55:28 -0700

We are assuming it is the big one?
There were two (2) versions of the matchbox. One was originally
sold as a 250 watt version, later changed to 1 KW because of the
primary use of ssb.
The large version was originally called the "KW-MAtchbox", and that
was for 1 kw/ 100% plate mdulation or 3KW PEP.
If that is the one you have - then you're okay. Otherwise, I have
seen the smaller version with the coil melted down unde a good KW
of power.
The large one is about the size of a modern day, 500 watt microwave oven.
Again - that is the one you want - or you'll be stuck with less than max
allowed transmit power.  de KL7HF