[TowerTalk] Fw: [Fwd: Virus alert]

Clif & Karen Maloney LEA-MALONEY@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 21:04:03 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_01BC49E0.8C640B80

Clif L. Maloney (KM5HY)-ex KA5VDJ
101 Lakeshore Drive East
Spicewood, TX 78669

----------
gjkaufmann@aol.com; bakaiser@viptx.net; johnsikes@juno.com;
RWHICKS@aol.com; DDelong485@aol.com; thornhil@inetport.com;
NSilverek@aol.com; Rosanelli@aol.com; credler@aol.com; PPuchert@aol.com;
LEA-MALONEY@worldnet.att.net; rjhale@adnc.com; rhaged8957@aol.com;
Dawcha@Ktc.Com; corair@mail.cruzio.com; josephcox@worldnet.att.net

From: FRANK and SHARON HENRY <fjhenry@viptx.net>
To: sschuler@jc.net, Sally Schuler <sally_schuler@cmsmail.jc.net>,
    Patti Sears <psears57@aol.com>, "Morris, Ed" <emorris@tisd.net>,
    wingnut1X2@aol.com, MSCHULER@oznet.ksu.edu, Lgensch@aol.com,
    Julie Schuler <jschulr@business.cba.ksu.edu>, jnroberts@aol.com,
    gjkaufmann@aol.com, AKS@livingston.net,
    Bob Ross Sailing With Seven <reross@worldnet.att.net>, CGreenl747@aol.com,
    mspears@ICSI.Net, Diana.Sumrall@Libra.dhs.state.TX.US, Amanfre@msn.com,
    "FredDey@aol.com" <FredDey@aol.com>,
    Janice Stover <stover@paws.cowley.cc.ks.us>
Subject: Virus alert
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 97 23:40:52 +0000

Got this today, this could be quite vicious.    Frank

>>>    VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION, PLEASE READ!
>>>
>>>    There is a computer virus that is being sent across the Internet.  If
>>>    you  receive an email message with the subject line "Deeyenda", DO
>>>    NOT read the message, DELETE it immediately!
>>>
>>>    Some miscreant is sending email under the title "Deeyenda"
>>>    nationwide,
>>>    if you get anything like this DON'T  DOWNLOAD THE FILE!  It has a
>>>    virus that rewrites your hard drive, obliterates anything on it.
>>>    Please be careful and forward this e-mail to anyone you care about.
>>>
>>>    Please read the message below.
>>>
>>>    -----------
>>>
>>>    FCC WARNING!!!!! -----DEEYENDA PLAGUES INTERNET
>>>
>>>    The Internet community has again been plagued by  another computer
>>>    virus.  This message is being spread throughout the Internet,
>>>    including USENET posting, EMAIL, and other Internet activities.  The
>>>    reason for all the attention is because of the nature of this virus
>>>    and the potential security risk it makes.  Instead of a destructive
>>>    Trojan virus (like most viruses!), this virus referred to as Deeyenda
>>>    Maddick, performs a comprehensive search on your computer, looking
>>>    for valuable information, such as email and login passwords, credit
>>>    cards, personal inf., etc.
>>>
>>>    The Deeyenda virus also has the capability to stay memory resident
>>>    while running a host of applications and operation systems, such as
>>>    Windows 3.11 and Windows 95.  What this means to Internet users is
>>>    that when a login and password are send to the server, this virus can
>>>    copy this information and SEND IT OUT TO UN UNKNOWN ADDRESS (varies).
>>>
>>>    The reason for this warning is because the Deeyenda virus is
>>>    virtually undetectable.  Once attacked your computer will be unsecure.
>>>    Although it can attack any O/S this virus is most likely to attack
>>>    those users viewing Java enhanced Web Pages (Netscape 2.0+ and
>>>    Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0+ which are running under Windows 95).
>>>    Researchers at Princeton University have found this virus on a number
>>>    of World Wide Web pagesand fear its spread.
>>>
>>>    Please pass this on, for we must alert the general public at the
>>>    security risks.
>
>>> Support Team
>>>
>>> in2net network inc.

Nicholas Jacobs