[TowerTalk] Simplicity of Advice

John D. Peters k1er@gte.net
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 03:26:18 -0700

Chuck Dietz wrote:

> Patrick Barkey wrote:
> >
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > Are you seriously saying that someone needs a crane to take down
> > Rohn 25?
> >

> Gee! I put it up without a gin pole and have taken it down the same way.
> All you need is someone on the ground to untie each section when you
> lower it down.
>
> Chuck, KE5FI
>
> --

The original question was not how to take down Rohn 25, the question was
about an old tower or a roof with unknown guy problems, unknown roof
support, and unknown internal corrosion in the tower.

If it's your Rohn 25, bought new, on your concrete pad with your proper
guy wires, with no corrosion AND you want to move it to the new mansion,
that's a different problem.

73 John K1ER