[TowerTalk] Rotatable Antenna Mounts

R. Morris robrk@fyi.net
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:44:26 -0400

Pat Barthelow wrote:

>       We, at N6IJ, are "suffering" under a deluge of aluminum that
> we can not adequately handle, yet.  We have enough 70 foot poles
> to mount a LARGE number of antennas, but have only a couple, so
> far, of rotators to turn them.  Our big LP still turns merrily, especially
> towards Japan/Pacific Stations, on it's big HyGain 3501, the smaller
> (!) of the commercial/military 3500 series rotators.  Anyone know of
> MARS stations around the U.S. that may have some "spare"
> 3501's?
>           We also would like to know if any of you have developed a
> cheap mechanism to support HF monobander beams on a 65 foot
> telephone pole, and be able to turn them.  If so, we could install tag
> lines for ground turning of our 2ea 40m, 2 element, and 2ea. 4
> element 20 meter beams, and put them up on the dormant pole farm
> here at N6IJ.
> 73, DX de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ; aa6eg@tmx.com
> Marina Amateur Radio Contest Station
> Marina, CA
>
> --

      Telrex had stuff to do rotors on poles....Rings, one for the
mast/bearing, one with a rotor shelf. I can dig in the pile and
go to the Xerox store if you need a picture for the welder...

      Re: the tower section....Think I remember someone,in a magazine,
side mounting a tower section. Doesn't sound as good as over the top.