[TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rod Drivers

John Brosnahan broz@csn.net
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 06:01:31 -0600 (MDT)

Tip on driver selection:

I have been using Fence Post Drivers for installing ground rods for a long
time.
I also use them to drive rebar when used for temporary guying, etc. (holding
the ends of inverted Vees, back guys on elevated radials, etc.   Over the
years
I have collected 4 or 5 drivers of various manufacture and the one thing I
have noticed is that my favorite one has NO handles.   The handles are small
diameter steel rods and hard to grasp with my big hands and so my hands slip
and keep hitting the bottoms of the handles.  The one without handles can just
be grasped around the body and if your hands slide along its length then they
just come past the bottom end, rather than running into the bottom of the
handle.
A prime case of "less is more".

73  John  W0UN