[TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rods & Ohms

force12@interserv.com force12@interserv.com
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 11:23:57 -0700

Good idea - I do the same thing. Our electric jackhammer is a 38 pound
Makita, so it is not always easy to hold in the air!

FOr those who are not aware of this device, it is also known as an electric
chipping hammer. They run on 110VAC (don't slice the cord) and come in a
small variety of weights. There are also various tips (bull nose, shovel,
etc) available. I got all of them and the unit not only does the ground rod
job, but is a fast method for digging holes of any size. The biggest problem
is getting the dirt out of the hole to keep up with the hammer. It will also
cut steps on the side of a hill for safer walking and will make short work
of roots if the shovel tip is used.

Just remember to keep the oil level up.

Have a good day and 73,
			Tom, N6BT