[TowerTalk] SKOSH?

Roger L. Elowitz K2JAS@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 02:02:36 -0400

At 04:38 AM 4/19/97 +0000, you wrote:

>Isn't a smithereen what you usually get when you do more than a
>skosh?

>Dale Martin, KG5U
>kg5u@hal-pc.org
>http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u

(for those who have better things to do with their lives than read this)

Gentlemen,

Please refrain from using the politically incorrect word >skosh<.  This word
is an ethnic slur that is derived from the frugal nature of the Scottish
people......I think. A >skosh< amount of something, as in.... a tiny
measurement.... say,... "in reducing your SWR a skosh" calls to mind a
trivial amount not worth dealing with. Nevertheless, amateurs of Scotch
ancestry might be offended.

On the other hand a >smithereen< is politically neutral and offends only
blacksmiths who are mostly non-existent entities anyway.

Roger, K2JAS

PS... Since I did mention "SWR" this post DOES appropriately belong on this
reflector.