[TowerTalk] Bow Launching Thread Ended....

Roger L. Elowitz K2JAS@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 01:04:56 -0400

Hi Gang,

I have been inundated with a fantastic amount of GREAT information about
launching arrows and golf balls and nuts and gerbils and.... It's absolutely
amazing... the wealth of information that's out there and the willingness of
all of you to share it.

I was particularly impressed with the many posts with safety tips and
cautions.... all of which I'll heed.

While I've answered every single post to me (dozens and dozens).... it's
time to stop the posting and to get on with the launching.  I'll let you all
know how things turned out in a few days as I gather my equipment.

One further observation though..... while there is no doubt a lot of guys
out there in towertalk land with multiple towers and mega stacks of
beams.... there appears to this humble towertalkian that the vast majority
of posters are not unlike myself with very modest dipole antennas in trees
and lots of experience with getting them up there.  The silent masses have
been heard from.... Thanks all.

Roger, K2JAS...."Just A Skosh" .....smarter because you all cared to share
your ideas.

PS... The Field Day Dipole Launching Limerick Contest..... is not open for
submissions yet.  Please be patient.  Thanks.... the management.