[TowerTalk] Bow Launching Thread Ended....

Dale Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 17:17:36 -0500

On Monday, April 21, 1997 0:04 AM, Roger L. Elowitz[SMTP:K2JAS@worldnet.att.net] wrote:
>Hi Gang,
>
>I have been inundated with a fantastic amount of GREAT information about
>launching arrows and golf balls and nuts and gerbils and.... It's absolutely
>amazing... the wealth of information that's out there and the willingness of
>all of you to share it.
>
>I was particularly impressed with the many posts with safety tips and
>cautions.... all of which I'll heed.
>
>While I've answered every single post to me (dozens and dozens).... it's
>time to stop the posting and to get on with the launching.  I'll let you all
>know how things turned out in a few days as I gather my equipment.
>
>One further observation though..... while there is no doubt a lot of guys
>out there in towertalk land with multiple towers and mega stacks of
>beams.... there appears to this humble towertalkian that the vast majority
>of posters are not unlike myself with very modest dipole antennas in trees
>and lots of experience with getting them up there.

Roger,
Don't forget that from a small acorn a magnificent oak is grown.

Also, remember that the 'graying' of the amateur radio fraternity is
pretty mature and, as a result, there are a lot (too many?) of us who
have many years of Field Day, DXpedition, and other portable
experience under our collective (and sometimes massive) belts.

Good luck.  Have fun.

73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org