[TowerTalk] CTSVR Flap

Ed Goodman n5nug@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 22:51:56 -0500

               Re: Uni-Hat CTSVR Antenna
        Date:
               Wed, 23 Apr 1997 22:33:55 -0400
       From:
               "Tom Rauch (W8JI)" <W8JItom@worldnet.att.net>
          To:
               n5nug@ix.netcom.com

Ed Goodman wrote:

> Contrary to your most recent comments, the Los Alamos Labs did measure
> the performance of the CTSVR on one of their test ranges. They were
> under a  contract with Un-Hat Corporation to do so. I was there and
> spent the time, money and energy to have them participate. I have a
> report written on their letter head and signed by a staff member
> evaluating the antenna design.

That isn't what Los Alamos told me. They specifically told me they do
NOT have an outdoor antenna range, and never even heard of Uni-hat.

Mr. Wheeler (from Los Alamos) told me the Unihat was tested at a hams
house, NOT at Los Alamos.

Perhaps you can FAX me a copy of the letter.

Why is it that Los Alamos did not know they had an HF test range?

73 Tom

Ed Goodman writes:

Well maybe Tom, they were under a nondisclosure agreement. If you will
give me your fax number, I will send you the proof you need. By the way,
thanks for policing the topband reflector for us. All of those who are
trying to take advantage of us are very appreciative. 73's Ed N5NUG
Uni-Hat Corporation

--
          Uni-Hat CTSVR
160, 80, 40 & 17 Meter Vertical