N4KG: Re: [TowerTalk] tower height

george fremin iii geoiii@bga.com
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 09:55:35 -0500 (CDT)

>This is the age old antenna question!
>
>There is NO  SINGLE  OPTIMUM  HEIGHT, especially for the high bands.  TWO
>antennas at 40 and 80 ft are very effective with
>switching for upper, lower, and both in phase.

Tom,

I aggree with your comments but, to ask the orignal question again.

If I gave you a TH-7 and this was to be your only antenna
for 20-15-10 and you wanted it to work "best" over an
entire solar cycle at anytime of day or at any distance
at what height would you put it?

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.            "I'm on a mexican radio"