[TowerTalk] Force12

Richard Thorne rthorne@arn.net
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 12:02:40 -0700

Not trying to stir things up but I'm sure all antenna companies have
their
positive's and negatives.

On Friday, 04/25, Amarillo received 6 "s of snow.  I have my Force12 C3
mounted on
top of a 40' tower which is installed on the roof of my office
building.  The
total height is 55'.

Anyways the elements iced up considerably and were drooping as
designed.  The winds
were about 30 to 40 mph.

Result:  The boom slipped in the u-bolts and tilted to one side.  I went
up the
tower Sunday and realigned.  While I was up there, I saw no signs of
damage.  Also
the elements are just as they were the day I put it up.

I'm not sure if a 40 meter beam (any brand) would survive here but the
C3 did.