[TowerTalk] Can I shunt feed my tower?

paulc@snet.net paulc@snet.net
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 08:50:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Folks,

I was looking at all the antenna advice on the reflector and thought I would
ask a question that I have been pondering.

First a desciption of my tower.  130'  Rohn 55 to the 100' level and last
30' are rohn 45g The top 6 feet of the tower is above the last set of guys.
The top 2 sets of guys are the triangle mount(star) using 2 wires on each
side of the tower to the anchor. The other guy points are normal single wire
affairs.

All the guy wires are grounded.  No insulators.  On top is a Mosley PRO67b
multiband beam. Boom=24'  longest ele. for 40= about 45' Also at 120' is as
inverted vee for 160 with ends at about 70 feet.

Also on the mast is a coupl of Ringo rangers that increase the overall
height to near 150'

The feedlines come down the tower to about 20' and then travel 160 at 10'
above ground to my house.

Can I utilize this tower as a radiator on 160 in some fashion?  Do I need to
insulate the guys from the tower.  Would it work on any other bands, and is
it work the effort to insulate the guys?

Thanks for any advice in advance
73's

KB1RP