[TowerTalk] KT34XA

Joe Humet jhumet@mhv.net
Sat, 02 Aug 1997 20:29:50 -0700

Hi All

Well I spent the day working on my KT34xa. Here is what I found.
For all of you who said the balun was bad, your were right.
Found a broken connection inside the balun were they solder the wire
to the head of the screws. Well I repaired that. Now the antenna works
Great on 20, So-So on 10 and not at all on 15.   I tried all the
adjustments in the KLM book and nothing helped. The only adjustment
I didn't mess with was the "D" dimension. Whats happing is on 15 the swr
is high on the low end of the band but if I tune out of the band down
from 21.0 down to 20.3 its great. Like I said 20 is great flat across
most of the band. 10 however has a few bumps in it but not too bad,
liveable. I not sure were to go next. I have check and cleaned out all
the capacitor sections and made sure all the end caps are good all
the connections have plenty of petrox and are tight.

Tnx again for all the replys to my first cry for help.

73  Joe   K2DS