[TowerTalk] coax break-in

Kelly Taylor ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca
Mon, 04 Aug 1997 11:26:06 -0700

In 15 years of reading QST, I have yet to see any April Fools articles
published that would invoke harmful or deleterious effects on the naive.

(Nor have I seen one that, by the time I finished, I couldn't see right
through.)

Let QST publish the April Fools jokes, without the disclaimer. April is
probably the only month you can get a chuckle out of QST. And if anybody
falls for it, the worst that happens is some time spent stretching coax
and then feeling a little impish when someone lets them in on the joke.

I agree that you shouldn't dumb down QST. But neither should you dumb
down the jokes in QST.

With respect to all involved...I think it's time to lighten up.

Kelly
VE4XT@MTS.NET