[TowerTalk] "Coax Break-In".. Applauded!

Chuck Dietz dietz@texas.net
Mon, 04 Aug 1997 22:58:59 -0500

Roger L. Elowitz wrote:

> When I was in the cub scouts ( seems like a few hundred years ago ) I
> recall going on a treasure hunt with a list of things to acquire.  On
> the list was "a bucket of blue steam" and "a left handed pencil."  It
> took a long time for me to understand why so many people were laughing
> at me when I asked for these items.
>
> While I was soon embarrassed to learn that I was asking for nonexistent
> objects... and the joke was on me for not knowing, the pain was short
> lived since I then had the "power" to send "less fortunate" younger cub
> scouts on similar "wild goose chases."

Ok, ok I feel bad...

I don't really change out my elements every year to guard against
"Element Fatigue."
In fact, I never take down something (an antenna) that is operating
properly unless there is a compelling reconfiguration underway. (As in
BIGGER antennas)  Don't fix it if it ain't broke!

Now, I've got that off my chest.

Chuck, KE5FI