[TowerTalk] April pile-up

Roger L. Elowitz K2JAS@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 07 Aug 1997 14:10:18 -0400

Hi Mary Francis and all.

At 09:36 PM 8/6/97 +0000, you wrote:
>----->Roger, this guy's good.  Better watch out!!<------

Well, you should know that I read this piece from Jack awhile ago and
urged and cajoled him to post it.  It took quite a bit of doing to get
Jack to do so.  Now, we're all glad he did. (A little secret here...
timing the post was critically important.)

Jack is no real competition for me.  He's the clear winner.  But more
importantly.... we're all the winners because he chose to share it with
us. This is obviously not an ego thing.  I realize this reflector is
"contest" oriented and we have a large cadre of competitive types.
But, something like this clearly transcends competition.  If anything,
is spurs creativity... not stiffles it.  More power to Jack and other
creative writers and thinkers like him.

But please.... I beg you, and everyone else reading this.... don't
transform this reflector into a joke reflector.  It's purpose is far
more important than that.  It must continue to meet the "other needs"
first and foremost.  And.... when there's time.... or the thread's worn
bare.... then a few well placed zingers are truly delicious and
appreciated.

Again.... some humor... in BALANCE and in MODERATION.... is a precious
combination. We definitely don't want to turn off all the serious
contributors who ARE what the reason the reflector is really here for
in the first place!

73 and keep smilin',

Roger, K2JAS