[TowerTalk] FS: Tower climbing belts

Michael Sherron sherrom@email.uc.edu
Thu, 07 Aug 1997 20:01:23 -0400

RJA wrote:

> I have the following safety belts for sale, all are unused and made by
> Miller Equipment, a top-quality supplier of fall protection equipment.
> Quantities are limited, so it's first-come first-serve.  When sizing a
> belt, keep in mind that you will probably be wearing some warm
> clothing, so it's best to go a little bigger than smaller. Add $7 per
> order for UPS shipping.
>
>     1)  Body belt with saddle, (2) "D" rings on both the waist belt and
>         the seat belt.  This is the ultimate in tower climbing belts,
>         allows you to use the secondary belt as a saddle when you're in
>         place to save your legs.  $50 (Small, Large, no Medium)
>
>     2)  Body belt with saddle, (2) "D" rings on just the waist belt.
>         This is similar to the above, except that only the waist belt has
>         "D" rings, but still allows you to transfer some weight to your
>         rear end to save your legs.  $45 (Small, XL, no Medium or Large)
>
>     3)  Body belt with (2) "D" rings (Small only).     SOLD OUT
>
>     4)  Tree trimmer belt, (2) "D" rings on the saddle but not on the
>         belt, 3" back pad.  (Small, Large, no Medium).  $50
>
>     5)  Body belt with single "D" ring, twist-lock snap hook attached
>         to "D" ring allows a lot of flexibility in motion (such as in
>         construction work).  removable 3" back pad.  $20 (S, M, L)
>
>     6)  Body belt, no "D" rings.  Use with a lanyard (see below) for
>         bucket work, ladder climbing, roofing work, etc.  $10 (S, M, L, XL)
>
>     7)  Single-snap webbing lanyards, use with the body belt above.
>         Snap on one end, loop on the other end.  8000 lb tensile strength,
>         great as an extra safety strap for tower climbing, lift or securing
>         heavy items,     pulling your truck out of the mud, etc.  $10 for
>         single-snap, $15 for single-snap with shock absorber.
>
>     8)  Body belt (made by Rose, model #502522), two straps attached to
>         waist belt with snap hooks on each end (one size fits all).  $15.
>
>     9)  Shoulder harness, adjustable shoulder straps, double ply waist
>         strap, single "D" ring on back.  $30 (Large only)
>
>     10) Full body harness, (2) shoulder "D" rings and (1) back "D"
>         ring.  (Small only).  $45
>
>     11) Full body harness with (2) shoulder "D" rings (Small only).  $45
>
>     12) Full body harness with (1) back "D" ring. (S, M, L).  $45
>
>     13) Tool pouch with loops to attach to any belt.  $7
>
>                         73 and safe climbing!
>
>                                        -- Rich K1CC
>
>                                           k1cc@mindspring.com
>                                           (860) 875-0166
>
> --
> Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search

Just a note on safety belts.  There are safety belts that fit all the
OSHA regs and such and there are also climbing belts worn by those who
participate in rock climbing and rapelling and the like activities.  So
before you purchase a safety belt visit your local outdoor sports store
and see if something they have may fit your needs for a lot less cost.

It may turn out that a safety belt is the correct answer.  However, most
of us that are just climbing the tower and locking in may not need a
heavy duty belt.

Just a thought.

Mike- KC8CAP