[TowerTalk] Speaking of S units;follow-up

Roger A. McCarty rmccarty@deltanet.com
Thu, 07 Aug 1997 19:40:18 -0700

Hi Pete,
I think that we get into an area of semantics, or assumptions at this
point. I would hope that it would be obvious that all S-Units are not
created equal, and that whether a particular S-Meter does indeed
register 6 DB for every S-Unit registered is certainly a matter for
doubt. My question (posted prior to reading your e-mail) is in regard to
theory ie, IF a manufacturer took the time to ensure his product met all
parameters with regard to an accurately calibrated S-Meter, would that
S-Meter then indicate 1 S unit for every 6 DB? Is there an S-Unit
standard of any kind?

Roger KD6CC