[TowerTalk] OSHA Regs

K4uhl@aol.com K4uhl@aol.com
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 10:02:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jim,
I read your post on the Towertalk reflector. Hopefully some
of these guys will take it to heart. Could you tell me what
I have to do to get a copy of the OSHA regulations concerning
tower work ?

Call your local OSHA office (it may be Federal or State, depending on
and ask for a copy of the "1926 Standards".  That refers to part 1926 of the
Code of Federal Regulations.  They pertain to construction.  Then look at
 "Subpart M' which pertains to Fall Protection.  There are various legal
interpretations which discuss whether these apply to "non-building steel
erection", etc, but the guidance about lanyards, snap links, harnesses,
anchorages, etc. is all there.  As I tell many construction supts when I give
them a copy, "the good news is that if you have trouble falling asleep some
night, this will cure it."  If all else fails, write me or e-mail me and I
will send you a copy of the fall protection. (k4uhl@aol.com)  PS I'll be out
of town next week, so may be a delay in responding.  73, Jim

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Submissions:              towertalk@contesting.com
Administrative requests:  towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-towertalk@contesting.com
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search