[TowerTalk] "Leaky" Coax, What is it?

Tyler Stewart k3mm@erols.com
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 04:08:13 +0100

Actually, "leaky coax" is a professional product..  Andrews sells a
product known as Radiax, which is hardline with slots cut in it to allow
a small amount of RF to escape!

What the purpose you ask?  

It's used to provide RF communications deep inside office buildings and
the like...  Run the radiax in elevator shafts, thru basement parking
garages, etc. to provide 100% access in any building.

73, Tyler K3MM

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Submissions:              towertalk@contesting.com
Administrative requests:  towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-towertalk@contesting.com
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search