[TowerTalk] Traped antenna for 2:1 freq range

Marijan Miletic S56A@S55TCP.ampr.org
Mon, 11 Aug 97 22:15:23 EDT

LB, W4RNL was giving advice on traped dipole for 160m and 80m and sugests using
trap on 3.4 MHz in order to equalize the gain.  It sounds to me as M$ science.
One can hardly expect shortened 160m dipole on half the wavelength height to be
as good as full size 80m dipole so we simply make trap a poor isolator and
dimish the gain.  The importance of the "same" traps regardless of the resonant
frequency beats the laws of physics but may fit some simulation programs.
73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU.
P.S.  My texts are not spellchecked so I apologise for typos.