[TowerTalk] Some thoughts on coax leakage

Chris R. Burger crb@nanoteq.com
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 16:26:28 +200

NJ2L concludes a good discussion of coax leakage with:
> This means that our coax leakage is at least *66 dB* stronger than
> the weakest signal the receiver can detect. Now add in coupling to
> cables from direct radiation from the equipment, antennas, and all
> other sources, and we're talking about mighty strong signals.

I submit that this factor is only important in co-frequency
situations, where antenna coupling would be much more significant
anyway.  In any other situation (e.g. adjacent bands), the bandpass
filtering in the receive chain would serve to reject those signals.

Or am I mistaken?

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ