[TowerTalk] Re: info needed

L. B. Cebik cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 14:28:24 -0400 (EDT)

I have twice tried to cry for help against my senile brain, only to find
that my plea apparently never reached the list--and I guess that is
because I used "help" in the subject line, which is probably illicit (or
fattening).

So, before I forget what I need, here goes.

a.  Some time back (Feb? Mar?  cannot find it in the archives), Roger Cox
shared some information he developed modeling, on the recommended vertical
stack spacing for 2 Yagis as a function of the gain of the individual
antennas.  Significant information--and of course, I cannot find it.  If
you saved his message to disk and can forward me a copy, I shall be
indebted.  (Note that I am not recommending retyping in the list of gain
ranges and spacing ranges he noted.)

b.  I recall reading some time back an article (was it in CQ?  seems so,
but I cannot find it) on 4 element Yagis by a W6.  Seems there was more
than one model in the group, and they were set for a 50 ohm match.  Was
this a flight of fancy on my part or a real article?  A reference would
guide me, assuming I can find all my out of order magazines.

I am prepared for slings and arrows in reference to my memory--or lack
thereof--as a fair price to pay for assistance with the needed info.

-73-

LB, W4RNL