[TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Duo-Band 10/15 Antenna

Hans Brakob k0hb@juno.com
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:01:03 -0600

On Wed, 03 Dec 1997 00:04:55 -0800 VO1MP - Gus <gussam@newcomm.net>
writes:

>Looking for to avail of the collective wisdom of esteemed reflectees!
>
>Am presently condidering combining a home brewed 4 element for 15
>meters with a homebrewed 5 element for 10 still on design stages . on
>a single boom. No great feat in itslef I'm sure.  However here's is
>the challenge: I have acquired a storm damaged th6dxx some parts and
>the complete driven element still in tact.  Wonder if any body has any
>ideas about removing the 20 meter portion of the traps and using the
>driven element as a 10/15 meter driver.

My first "off the top of my head" reaction is why not use the driven
element just as it is?  You'd have your new dual-bander, plus a "free"
rotating dipole on 20.

(As soon as I hit send, I'll discover something really stupid about
this idea!)

73, Hans, K0HB