[TowerTalk] EZNEC

Gary Myers gmyers@cetlink.net
Sat, 06 Dec 1997 15:53:55 -0500

Maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong on this thing? I modeled
a dipole for 20 at 30'. This gives me 6.8dbi at 34 degrees if memory
serves me. This is 1/2 wave height which I would have thought a vertical
would blow away yet the vertical is ~4 db lower in gain! Even the 4
square vertical array is 1 DB down from this simple dipole!!!????? What
am I doing wrong?  Also I always thought the 1/2 wave sloper was a
directional antenna yet it is not when I model it?? Ahhhhhhh!!!!!

I want to see the difference between a vertical and a dipole at 110 for
80 meters but it keeps looking like the dipole is the way to go.

G.