[Antennas] Re: [YCCC] Re: [TowerTalk] old books

Ed Loranger we6w@qsl.net
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 16:28:21 +0000

I visited a really neat used book store last weekend.

Unfortunately many of the outdated Electronics book were
still going for $20.

Many of the books there were library cast-aways.  So even
if you give to a library, the books could eventually end up
sitting on a shelf forever, at obscene prices.

Give to your local friends.  Give to fellow hams.  Set up
a library at your club.  Or drop off at one of the swap
meets or vendors at the ham conventions.  There was a
guy at Pacificon selling books at 1/10 the going rate.
"Gets them off the shelf and read by someone.", he said.

Give to readers, not collectors.
-Ed sk ee

--
72/73 de we6w qrp es CW ONLY (K8FF/Norcal Paddles! TLC555 HB keyer)
HW-8,OHR-100, Pixie2, Johnson Viking II, Drake TR-3