[TowerTalk] Gloves

K7LXC K7LXC@aol.com
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 16:46:01 EST

In a message dated 97-12-14 15:37:06 EST, jfeustle@uoft02.utoledo.edu writes:

> When I climb, and I do relatively little of it, I try to never wear gloves
>  ascending or descending the tower, even in winter. Once up there, that's a
>  different story.

     To each his own. I wear gloves for 95% of tower climbing and work. I only
take them off for real small jobs like starting #24 screws on feedpoints or
something equally delicate.

    The ONLY acceptable tower climbing gloves are made from LEATHER. No cotton
gardening gloves or similar. The non-leather ones will slip - they don't have
the grip that leather ones do. Leather-palmed sports gloves are okay as long
as the gripping area is leather.

73,  Steve   K7LXC