[TowerTalk] Tailtwister Start Proble

Ron Stordahl Ron.Stordahl@digikey.com
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 10:50:32 -0600

I have a T2X with the old fashioned control box.  I regularly have to run it
in reverse for a second when it refuses to budge.  This happens in all WX
+100 to - 60.  I believe its the solenoid lock which gets stuck.  Rocking it
once always gets it to work.  Design problem I would say.
I should have said this occurs on both of my T2X's, one is 10 years old and
the other brand new.  Exact same problem.

Ron N5IN

I was sure it would lock up for 3Y0PI, so I set it on due South while I was
able just in case!  We were having one of those Al Gore  'global warming'
winters when it was about 45 below zero. I thought of inviting him up to
camp out in my yard.  I was up on the tower trying to solder a connector
using a propane torch.  Had to warm it up in my snowmobile suit to make the
propane evaporate.  I learned my lesson.