[TowerTalk] high and low antennas

george fremin iii geoiii@bga.com
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 16:34:43 -0600 (CST)

>i have a th7 at about 58 ft and a 40-2cd at about 70ft. these are on the
>same tower.  i have a cushcraft a3 that i can put on another tower at about
>35 feet. is it going to be worth the time and trouble putting it up, to
>have a lower antenna with correspondingly higher take off angles? i
>understand that a lower antenna for 10m is an addition, but is it useful
>for 15 and 20m?

YES.... It will work just fine on all the bands.

Also you will find it very useful to have two antennas
to switch between for beaming diffrent directions
either in a contest or when you are just chatting or just
dailing the bands.  I would also suggest that
in a contest is is VERY useful to transmit into both
antennas beaming in diffrent directions.

I used to have a 2 ele QUAD at 40' and then I also had
a 3 ele 15m yagi fixed on W6 at 25' and a 3 ele 10m
yagi also fixed to W6 at 20'..  These two
antennas helped my contest scores ALOT.

--

George Fremin III          "You give me a $10,000 custom guitar
Austin, Texas                and Chet Atkins a $200 discount