[TowerTalk] 80m LPDA that works

george fremin iii geoiii@bga.com
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 23:42:46 -0600 (CST)

At N5AU we had a 5 ele delta loop log array between two
towers on 80m - it worked quite well and it sure
was neat to be able to use it everywhere on the band.

We just doubled the plans for the 40m one in the
ARRL Antenna book.

It did have one major problem - the connections
of the elements to the feedline were a weak point
and one of them would break - then the array would not
work anywhere on the band and it was a pain to take down
because you had to lower the all 5 loops at one time and fix it.

So we went to a 2 ele driven element director array and
then finally to a 3 ele (director, driven and reflector) for
80 and just retuned it for each mode.

--

George Fremin III          "You give me a $10,000 custom guitar
Austin, Texas                and Chet Atkins a $200 discount