[TowerTalk] DC Voltage Coupling/Decoupling to Coax Cable

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 19:58:42 -0600

First, thanks to all who responded to my query about how coupling/decoupling
DC voltages to coax cable works for them and how it is done.  I received
about a dozen interesting, educational and useful responses.  Thanks again.

Second, after sending out that note--you will notice it was about 2:00 am
here when I posted it--I went to bed, but 15 minutes later was back in the
radio room looking through the ARRL Handbook in the HF RF amplifier
section--if it's done there, it can be done out on the coax, right?  It
never occurred to me to check there when I was looking for the specific
circuit in the handbook.

Third and finally, discussions with SGC brought out that they have recently
added just such a device to their inventory--for $95.  So as to try to keep
things on a somewhat professional basis for the station we are developing in
the Emergency Operations Center at work and to make sure the unit would be
available for our antenna system installers in January, I opted to order
their unit rather than fabricate one myself.

Happy holidays to all!

73
Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org