[TowerTalk] Climbing alone ?

TOMK5RC TOMK5RC@aol.com
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:43:19 EST

In a message dated 97-12-22 11:15:22 EST, rlboyd@CapAccess.org writes:

<< loosen the gin pole clamp slightly (where the gin pole itself goes
 through the clamp, not where the clamp hooks onto tower leg) so that the
 pole will slip, slowly, with resistance, downward.  This way you can
 lower the section while maintaining control.  Lower it a few inches, work
 th >>

Rich;

I'm sure you've got this down to a science. I would really worry about how
long it would take folks to get through the learning curve and how many tower
sections they would wear before they got the feel of the process. Sounds like
there should be lots of warnings about using this techinque.

Tom, K5RC/7