[TowerTalk] Tailtwister Start Problems at Low Temps

Charles H. Harpole harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 15:36:44 -0500 (EST)

I just got a DCU-1 (the automatic control head) for my HyGain rotors (I
can plug them interchangeably).  What my control head does every time, is
start the rotor in the opposite direction you have commanded, turn in that
opposite direction for a second or two, and then revers and move toward
the desired direction and then, of course, stops on your desired heading.
I think that reversing feature is a waste here in Fla., but should be the
answer to your "rock the rotor" problem in the wintery climes.
What say?
But, then, I ask as some one else did here months ago:
If a washing machine can be built for $400. and last ten years, why not a
rotor???  de K4VUD