[TowerTalk] 402CD Heavy Duty Version

Big Don bigdon@eskimo.com
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 17:35:57 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 24 Dec 1997, Dick Flanagan wrote:

> PS:  Does anyone on the reflector know where you can find the 1.75" wood
> dowling called for in Dave Leeson's original mod article?  The local lumber
> and woodworkng shops don't stock anything that size and apparently no one
> works a wood lathe anymore.  :(

I had some large diameter dowels "machined" for boom stiffening at a local
high school wood shop, after I couldn't find any commercial shop that
would tackle it.   They will take on projects like this for
cheep (like the cost of the wood, as I recall) to give the students
some experience dealing with real-world customers.  Workmanship was great,
but patience is required, they took their sweet time, a month or so....

Big Don