[TowerTalk] 40-meter quads

L. B. Cebik cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 10:01:05 -0500 (EST)

Interesting how questions occur in batches.  Without prior note, 2 folks
in very different places asked me a couple of questions about the
potential for quads--both full-size and shrunken--on 40 meters.

Although I cannot comment on the mechanicals of such long-armed antennas,
I did some modeling that might set some reasonable expectations for the
performance of such antennas once built.  The notes are now at the site
under the obvious title "Notes on Full-Size and Shrunken 40-Meter Quads."

Hope the data is useful to someone.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu