[TowerTalk] Radial evaluation

Frank T. Brady ftbrady@earthlink.net
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 10:56:29 -0800 (PST)

I finally ran across something I've been trying to find for a long time -
how to tell when you have 'enough' radials.  It was in the 2nd edition of
"Low-Band DXing" paragraph 1.2.3.5 "Evaluating the ground system" on page 9-13.

I bought the Palomar R-X Noise Bridge and my intentions are to back off all
but one radial and add them back until I see that the measured radiation
resistance approaches a 'lower limit' - indicating that the ground system
has reached the point of diminishing returns. At that point, I guess I'll
just add enough extra radials to achieve symmetry and stop worrying about
whether or not I've done all I can.

Has anyone out there done this?  I thought I'd chat with someone about this
procedure if any of you have tried it.

Happy New Year,
 Frank - W0ECS
 Wildomar CA