The Concord Matter

Joe Spinosa Spinosa@msn.com
Fri, 7 Feb 97 19:11:38 UT

First, a big round of thanks to all reflectorites.

I am now under the advisement of legal counsel.  Probably should have been
here awhile ago.

I am 36 years old.  I've been licensed since April of 1996.  (That's almost a
WHOLE year!)

This may come as a great surprise to you, but I, in fact, don't know
everything.  Imagine that.

Please don't tell my wife and kids.

I've been told by non-amateurs in my neighborhood that hams are in general a
bunch of trailer-park living, professional wrestling watching, low class
individuals.  I am here to tell you this is not true.  I can prove it.

In the past two weeks I've met face to face with, or talked to on the phone,
many people who are sharper than I am, period.  They all happened to be hams.
They all happen to be older than me, as well.  There may be more than a subtle
connection there.

For all I know, there may be many more of you like that reading this message.

My plans are the following (self recommended 10 step program):

1) 	Come down off of my high horse.
2) 	Perform self surgery to remove the big shoes stuck in my mouth since
September.
3) 	Do everything my counsel says.
4) 	Study Morse code.  (About a month ago I was copying 7-8 WPM, 	then all
hell broke loose and I haven't heard a di or dah since).
5) 	No talking or yacking into my 2M microphone.  I want a break.  I will
dream of my first QSO through a real satellite, meanwhile Nu-Morse 	and I will
get reacquainted (Nu-Morse is my computer code program).
6) 	Hook a key up to my Yaesu FT-736R multi-mode satellite rig, and 	place the
microphone in a drawer for at least 1 month.
7) 	Upgrade my license.
8) 	Find out what is really meant by "emergency communications" and 	volunteer
somewhere.
9) 	Say hello to my kids... Today.
10) 	Hug my wife...  Tonight.

If something interesting happens with my tower battle I'll post to the
reflector.

Hams are more than just "contacts".  Several are first class human beings.

Best Regards,
Joe Spinosa
KF6CWX
Concord, CA