STACKING ??? HELP

SumRacer@aol.com SumRacer@aol.com
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 18:07:24 -0500 (EST)

Scott -

Possibly the way to >> partially << resolve if your stack is working properly
is to listen to several "close in" stations as well as DX stations. Since the
close in stations will have a high arrival angle they should be stronger on
the lower antenna; while the DX stations should be stronger on the top
antenna. In between distances may be the same on either.

You can use the antenna analysis programs (YO, AO, ELNEC, etc) to determine
what angles your system is sensitive to in various configurations (top only,
bottom only, both) and something like MiniProp (W6EL Software) to determine
the arrival angles of signals from various parts of the country/globe based
on the current sunspot conditions.

For instance, if the bottom antenna is worse on close in sigs then we know
that something is wrong with the bottom antenna.

I think we'd all like to hear the results.

Paul
NO8D