NEC & Tower Permits

Gary Nieborsky k7fr@concord.televar.com
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 15:36:17 -0800 (PST)

This has always been a confusing point for a number of people.  Generally
the NEC jurisdiction stops at the revenue meter and the National Electric
Safety Code (NESC) governs beyond that.  The NESC has very clear rules for
the distance non-utility facilities must be away from utility lines.  The
absolute minimum is 10 ft and it goes up from there.  There are also a
number of situations that must be considered in determining this clearance;
voltage, temperature, and wind to name a few.  Section 810 blurs this line a
bit in that it is not clear exactly what facilities they are talking
about.....utility or customer.  I would err on the side of caution and
assume at a minimum that they are addressing the low voltage service wires
from your friendly local utility.

73 Gary K7FR