TOWER BASE DRAWINGS

Gary Nieborsky k7fr@concord.televar.com
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 12:40:47 -0800 (PST)

Tower-talkians,

This is unfortunately a common problem when dealing in civil/structural
matters involving PE's.  Local variations in the Uniform Building Code for
seismic, wind, aesthetics and time of day make it difficult for PE's to
stamp drawings for use in other states.  Electrical and mechanical drawings
are much easier since local interpretations are rare.  I am shocked that it
would have cost $300 for a plan review of a stamped drawing.  I would feel
guilty to charge $100 to review an electrical drawing in the same
circumstances.

A wild thought:  Big companies like Rohn usually have engineers on staff
that are licensed for various states.  Why not call them and ask if they
have one for you state?  I they do then it should be a no cost formality to
get a set with your states stamp on it.

Gary K7FR